Top five tips
1. When choosing tiles, it is important to take into account the longevity of tiles, unlike paint and furniture which you can update every few years.
2. When choosing a tile for a lounge/living area, remember the tile will be more a background element in the space, with the main emphasis on the colour palette, decor and lighting to create interest in the room.
3. In contrast to this, when designing a bathroom the tile becomes the feature, as it is usually the first thing you notice when entering the room.
4. When choosing the colour and size of the tile, it really comes down to personal choice, the style of the house and your inspiration. Don’t rush into the decision and always see/touch a physical sample of the tile.
5. Make sure you are using the right tile/finish for the right area, for example, using a Grip finish is suitable for outdoor areas while Matt and Semi-Polish are best used indoors.